my life after graduate: Introduction to Open Source & Freeware

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Introduction to Open Source & Freeware

Free software is a matter of freedom: people should be free to use software in all the ways that are socially useful. Software differs from material objects--such as chairs, sandwiches, and gasoline--in that it can be copied and changed much more easily. These possibilities make software as useful as it is; I believe software users should be able to make use of them.

The Free Software movement and the Open Source movement are like two political camps within the free software community. The relationship between the Free Software movement and the Open Source movement is just the opposite of that picture. I disagree on the basic principles, but agree more or less on the practical recommendations. So I can and do work together on many specific projects. I don't think of the Open Source movement as an enemy. The enemy is propreirtary software .


Here I will explain in the deep inside of:
1. Firefox (Open Source Web Browser)







2. Linux - Ubuntu (Open source Linux Distribution)









3. Googles' Freeware - Google Pack
.

0 comments:

Erzwan.com