my life after graduate: Pro Comm Skill : Technical Presentation

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pro Comm Skill : Technical Presentation


About 3 years ago, I was using IE 6. It loaded slowly, and pages had their text much, much bigger than they were supposed to be. But I said, "Well, this is all the Internet has right now... Guess I'll have to stick with it or no internet...". But one day, my uncle installed Netscape 6 for me. I was amazed at the difference it had. Tabs were very handy to use, and the slick silver layout of Netscape 6 was much more appealing to me than IE's ugly layout. But one day, Netscape failed on me. I tried and tried to fix it, with no prevail. So, I was stuck with IE again. I was sad. I hardly ever used the net from that day on. Until one day, my uncle said, "Why are you using IE again?", and I told him Netscape wouldn't open. So, he left later that day. I went on a forum I usually go on, and they mentioned something called Firefox. They linked to it, and I tried it. It loaded so fast, and I hardly had any pop-ups. But, my virus blocker stopped it from loading sometimes. At that time, I didn't know it was my virus scan's fault, so I just uninstalled Firefox. One day, my uncle came again and downloaded Firefox. He told me one of his friends told him that it was much better than Internet Explorer and that it loads really fast. I told him that it didn't load sometimes, and he knew the problem. He got rid of the clunky old virus scan and got a new one. Then, he installed Firefox and tried it out. He was amazed how fast it loaded. I watched. Loading screens were history, and I've used it ever since. One day, I saw a link on the Firefox homepage that said, "Firefox Help And Add Ons." I went to it, and I saw some cool themes I installed. But then, I noticed the "Extensions" section there. I installed a lot of extensions, and now, I've been using Firefox ever since.

John T Haller developed many types of portable apps. I'm very interested in Portable Firefox. Portable Firefox is a repackaged version of Mozilla Firefox created by John Haller. The goal of the application is to allow a user to run Firefox from any Windows computer off of a USB flash drive, allowing those wishing to use the browser the ability use it in an environment where it is not installed. It is also commonly used to demonstrate the features of Mozilla Firefox to various audiences. Portable Firefox retains most of Mozilla Firefox's abilities, such as cookies and extensions.

The current version is 1.5, which was released on December 8, 2005. It is compatible with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

0 comments:

Erzwan.com